Monday, 30 April 2012

Glossy Box April 2012


Olloah everybody!
thought i'd do my thoughts and reviews on what will be my third box since signing up to Glossy Box in February! To be honest I haven't had the best boxes so far, they've all been exciting purely because the post man comes to my door with a pretty box full of beauty products just for me. However this months has really tickled my fancy! When I first saw the packaging I thought 'hm yeah that makes sense, Its coming into Spring, so give the box quite a fresh and natural type look. However after looking inside at my products (people may have different to me seeing as my products are supposed to be for sensitive skin), I thought straight away it was a sort of 'organic' type of box. Before I unwrapped everything, I read the card, and oh my! Everything I was reading about seemed PERFECT and USEABLE (I usually can't use any moisturisers etc seeing as they are perfumed) 
Below I have taken some photos and will talk about the products in turn :)







EYELINER?! In a beauty box?! and a full length one!? Hoorah! (was my initial thoughts), however as I began to open the packaging, I realised it was blue.. blue? I never ever wear blue eyeliner, I dont think I even wore it when people went through a coloured eyeliner stage around the age of 12? I mean I know lots of people wear coloured eyeliner and suit it, and really do look beautiful, I just don't think the colour does anything for me! However the eyeliner is Organic and uses natural products, which I love, the blue colour has a really nice shimmery pigment too, and just like its described, it really does have a 'rich and creamy consistency' I would be really intrigued about the black coloured liner.



Perfume Oil, at first I was a bit meh about this tester, Perfume oil meant putting it directly onto your skin (whenever I wear perfume I tend to put it on my clothes/hair rather than my skin seeing as I would probably react to it - silly sensitive bod!), so as you can imagine I wasn't exactly thrilled, however I did put it on my pulse points like it describes and luckily didn't have a reaction :) Its 'intoxicated with a blend of gardenia wrapped in white exotics', which really comes through in the smell, its an extremely florally smell and wouldn't be my initial choice of scent, and its fairly pricey! Apart from that however, its quite summery and refreshing.



I was quite excited when I saw the brand Caudalie was included in this months glossy box, I was once given an eye/lip cream sample from Boots made of 80% grape or something (can't really remember..), its so say an extremely natural and plant based serum, which in turn ensures your skin never lacks moister, full size it costs £29.00 (Wowwww), but I can say that it is extremely moisturising, again I only used it on the back of my hand, however will probably use it on my skin soon. Its a very light consistency and doesn't really smell of much!


I've only used this once since I got my glossy box, its always hard to tell what shower products aggravate my excema seeing as it flares up on and off all the time, however it smells devine! love this product! and all products coconut to be honest.. Its a really nice creamy shower gel and I'm surprised how big the bottle is for Glossy Box! 

 



This has to be my FAVEEE product from this months Glossy Box, a Figs and Rouge lip balm, 100% pure, 100% natural and 100% organic. All these words are music to my ears, and skin, believe me! Its SO hydrating, way more so than the standard vaseline, It actually contains no petroleum so is a pretty weird consistency.. It seems to be quite 'bitty' at first but then as you massage more into the lips it kind of turns oily? The smell is really natural/beautiful, I am definitely taking advantage of the 20% off Glossy Box are giving away for Figs and Rouge this month.

I hope you all enjoyed your Glossy box's as much as I did this month :)
If you haven't yet subscribed, I pay £10 a month and in turn receive a box with at least 4 samples in each month! lovely jubbly. 
http://www.glossybox.co.uk/?ad=27032012&gclid=CJ6alb6g3a8CFaImtAodI2JZvQ
gogogo



1 comment:

  1. Great review lovely, I got the same box as you, with a different scented body wash, but the coconut sounds amazing - love coconut scented everything too hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete